PM condoles death of students in Telangana accident
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Thursday expressed his deepest condolences to the families of the students who lost their lives when a train rammed into a school bus at an unmanned railway crossing in Telangana.
"The prime minister has expressed his deepest condolences to the families of those who lost their lives in the accident in Medak district," the Prime Minister`s Office said in a tweet.
"The PM prays for the speedy recovery of those injured in the accident," said another tweet.
In a ghastly accident, at least 19 students were killed some 20 other children injured in the accident at Masayipet, about 70 km from Hyderabad, when the bus of a private school was taking the students to their school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says