PM condoles death of students in Telangana accident
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Thursday expressed his deepest condolences to the families of the students who lost their lives when a train rammed into a school bus at an unmanned railway crossing in Telangana.
"The prime minister has expressed his deepest condolences to the families of those who lost their lives in the accident in Medak district," the Prime Minister`s Office said in a tweet.
"The PM prays for the speedy recovery of those injured in the accident," said another tweet.
In a ghastly accident, at least 19 students were killed some 20 other children injured in the accident at Masayipet, about 70 km from Hyderabad, when the bus of a private school was taking the students to their school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters