PM condoles Sarabjit Singh’s death, regrets Pakistan`s act
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: PM Manmohan Singh on Thursday condoled the death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh, who died of severe skull injuries after being attacked by six men in a Pakistani jail.
Regretting Sarabjit’s death, the PM said that he was "deeply saddened" by the demise of Sarabjit Singh.
"He was a brave son of India who bore his tribulations with valiant fortitude," the Prime Minister said in his condolence message.
Attacking Pakistan for the tragic death of Sarabjit, the PM said that the "criminals responsible for the barbaric and murderous attack on Sarabjit Singh must be brought to justice. I regret that Pakistan did not heed pleas of India and Sarabjit’s family for taking a humanitarian view in this case."
Manmohan Singh added that the Indian government will “make the arrangements to bring his remains home and for his last rites to be conducted in consultation with his family”.
Sarabjit died of cardiac arrest in a Pakistani hospital in the wee hours today after being comatose for nearly a week following a brutal assault by fellow inmates in a high- security jail.
“May his soul be granted the peace that he could not enjoy in life. The nation shares his family`s profound grief with them,” said the PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery