PM confident that Parl will transact financial, other business
New Delhi: In the face of Opposition onslaught, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday said he was "very confident" that Parliament will transact financial and other business in the remaining part of the Budget session.
The government, he said, was willing for a debate on any issue.
Terming as "very important part" the second half of the Budget session, Singh said, "Important financial business is before the House. There are also important bills like the Food Security Bill, Land Acquisition Bill which require to be passed.
"It is my sincere wish that the House should be allowed to function," he told reporters outside Parliament House ahead of the resumption of the Budget session after a four-week recess.
He said if there are any concerns of the Opposition, "we are willing to debate all those issues" which worry them.
Singh also requested the Opposition members to let the government function.
"We are being put in this position by the people of India to deliver certain goods and we hope that every one cooperates in that process so that the Budget is passed, certain other business is also dealt with effectively," he said.
In reply to a question on the survivability of the government, the Prime Minister said he was "very confident that the financial business will be transacted to our satisfaction."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi