PM confident that Parl will transact financial, other business
New Delhi: In the face of Opposition onslaught, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday said he was "very confident" that Parliament will transact financial and other business in the remaining part of the Budget session.
The government, he said, was willing for a debate on any issue.
Terming as "very important part" the second half of the Budget session, Singh said, "Important financial business is before the House. There are also important bills like the Food Security Bill, Land Acquisition Bill which require to be passed.
"It is my sincere wish that the House should be allowed to function," he told reporters outside Parliament House ahead of the resumption of the Budget session after a four-week recess.
He said if there are any concerns of the Opposition, "we are willing to debate all those issues" which worry them.
Singh also requested the Opposition members to let the government function.
"We are being put in this position by the people of India to deliver certain goods and we hope that every one cooperates in that process so that the Budget is passed, certain other business is also dealt with effectively," he said.
In reply to a question on the survivability of the government, the Prime Minister said he was "very confident that the financial business will be transacted to our satisfaction."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'