PM congratulates ISRO on PSLV success
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
on Wednesday congratulated the scientists and engineers of ISRO,
saying the "flawless" launch of three satellites by PSLV has
yet again demonstrated the space body`s advanced capabilities.
"I am very happy to learn that the Polar Satellite
Launch Vehicle (PSLV)-C-16 has today successfully launched
India`s ResourceSat-2 satellite, the joint Indo-Russian
YouthSat and Singapore`s first satellite X-Sat," he said.
He commended the Indian Space Research Organisation
for the achievement and its continuing service to the nation.
"The flawless launch of these three satellites has
demonstrated yet again the advanced capabilities that the ISRO
has mastered in satellite development and launch vehicle
technologies," Singh said in a message.
The Prime Minister warmly congratulated the ISRO
family and wished them all success in their future endeavours.
In a morale-boosting success for India`s space
programme after two consecutive GSLV setbacks, ISRO today put
into orbit its sophisticated remote sensing satellite
Resourcesat-2 and two micro satellites carried onboard its
workhorse PSLV-C16 rocket from Sriharikota.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials