PM congratulates ISRO on PSLV success
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
on Wednesday congratulated the scientists and engineers of ISRO,
saying the "flawless" launch of three satellites by PSLV has
yet again demonstrated the space body`s advanced capabilities.
"I am very happy to learn that the Polar Satellite
Launch Vehicle (PSLV)-C-16 has today successfully launched
India`s ResourceSat-2 satellite, the joint Indo-Russian
YouthSat and Singapore`s first satellite X-Sat," he said.
He commended the Indian Space Research Organisation
for the achievement and its continuing service to the nation.
"The flawless launch of these three satellites has
demonstrated yet again the advanced capabilities that the ISRO
has mastered in satellite development and launch vehicle
technologies," Singh said in a message.
The Prime Minister warmly congratulated the ISRO
family and wished them all success in their future endeavours.
In a morale-boosting success for India`s space
programme after two consecutive GSLV setbacks, ISRO today put
into orbit its sophisticated remote sensing satellite
Resourcesat-2 and two micro satellites carried onboard its
workhorse PSLV-C16 rocket from Sriharikota.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand