PM congratulates scientists for PSLV launch
New Delhi: Hailing the successful launch of PSLV carrying Radar Imaging Satellite (RISAT-1), Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday said it was an important milestone in India`s space programme and congratulated the ISRO scientists for displaying mastery of the complex launch vehicle technology.
The Prime Minister called Secretary Department of Space and Chairman Indian Space Research Organisation K Radhakrishnan to congratulate him and the scientists for the successful launch.
"I would like to warmly congratulate all scientists of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for the successful launch today of the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV)-C19 carrying the Radar Imaging Satellite -1(RISAT -1), the heaviest satellite launched till date using PSLV, " PM said.
"The twentieth consecutive successful launch of the PSLV is an important milestone in our space programme and is testimony to ISRO`s mastery of the complex launch vehicle technology," he said.
He expressed confidence that RISAT-1`s all weather, day-night imaging ability will significantly contribute to the nation`s remote sensing capabilities.
"The country is proud of ISRO`s achievements and I wish the organisation all success in its future endeavours," PM said.
India`s first indigenous all-weather Radar Imaging Satellite (RISAT-1), whose images will facilitate agriculture and disaster management, was launched successfully on board the PSLV-C19 from Sriharikota in the early hours today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next