PM congratulates scientists for PSLV launch
New Delhi: Hailing the successful launch of PSLV carrying Radar Imaging Satellite (RISAT-1), Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday said it was an important milestone in India`s space programme and congratulated the ISRO scientists for displaying mastery of the complex launch vehicle technology.
The Prime Minister called Secretary Department of Space and Chairman Indian Space Research Organisation K Radhakrishnan to congratulate him and the scientists for the successful launch.
"I would like to warmly congratulate all scientists of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for the successful launch today of the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV)-C19 carrying the Radar Imaging Satellite -1(RISAT -1), the heaviest satellite launched till date using PSLV, " PM said.
"The twentieth consecutive successful launch of the PSLV is an important milestone in our space programme and is testimony to ISRO`s mastery of the complex launch vehicle technology," he said.
He expressed confidence that RISAT-1`s all weather, day-night imaging ability will significantly contribute to the nation`s remote sensing capabilities.
"The country is proud of ISRO`s achievements and I wish the organisation all success in its future endeavours," PM said.
India`s first indigenous all-weather Radar Imaging Satellite (RISAT-1), whose images will facilitate agriculture and disaster management, was launched successfully on board the PSLV-C19 from Sriharikota in the early hours today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad