PM congratulates scientists for PSLV launch
New Delhi: Hailing the successful launch of PSLV carrying Radar Imaging Satellite (RISAT-1), Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday said it was an important milestone in India`s space programme and congratulated the ISRO scientists for displaying mastery of the complex launch vehicle technology.
The Prime Minister called Secretary Department of Space and Chairman Indian Space Research Organisation K Radhakrishnan to congratulate him and the scientists for the successful launch.
"I would like to warmly congratulate all scientists of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for the successful launch today of the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV)-C19 carrying the Radar Imaging Satellite -1(RISAT -1), the heaviest satellite launched till date using PSLV, " PM said.
"The twentieth consecutive successful launch of the PSLV is an important milestone in our space programme and is testimony to ISRO`s mastery of the complex launch vehicle technology," he said.
He expressed confidence that RISAT-1`s all weather, day-night imaging ability will significantly contribute to the nation`s remote sensing capabilities.
"The country is proud of ISRO`s achievements and I wish the organisation all success in its future endeavours," PM said.
India`s first indigenous all-weather Radar Imaging Satellite (RISAT-1), whose images will facilitate agriculture and disaster management, was launched successfully on board the PSLV-C19 from Sriharikota in the early hours today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling