PM congratulates Vasundhara, Shivraj, Raman Singh
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday congratulated BJP leaders Vasundhara Raje, Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Raman Singh for the victory in Assembly elections in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
Singh called up Raje, who is set to become Chief Minister of Rajasthan, and wished her well, PMO sources said.
Raje led BJP to an emphatic victory in the Assembly elections, ousting Congress from power.
The Prime Minister also called up Chouhan and Raman Singh to wish them well, the sources said.
Chouhan, Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, spearheaded BJP in retaining power in the state for the third consecutive time with an increased tally in the Assembly.
Raman Singh, Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh, also led his party in retaining power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed