PM congratulates Vasundhara, Shivraj, Raman Singh
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday congratulated BJP leaders Vasundhara Raje, Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Raman Singh for the victory in Assembly elections in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
Singh called up Raje, who is set to become Chief Minister of Rajasthan, and wished her well, PMO sources said.
Raje led BJP to an emphatic victory in the Assembly elections, ousting Congress from power.
The Prime Minister also called up Chouhan and Raman Singh to wish them well, the sources said.
Chouhan, Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, spearheaded BJP in retaining power in the state for the third consecutive time with an increased tally in the Assembly.
Raman Singh, Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh, also led his party in retaining power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year