PM congratulates Vasundhara, Shivraj, Raman Singh
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday congratulated BJP leaders Vasundhara Raje, Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Raman Singh for the victory in Assembly elections in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
Singh called up Raje, who is set to become Chief Minister of Rajasthan, and wished her well, PMO sources said.
Raje led BJP to an emphatic victory in the Assembly elections, ousting Congress from power.
The Prime Minister also called up Chouhan and Raman Singh to wish them well, the sources said.
Chouhan, Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, spearheaded BJP in retaining power in the state for the third consecutive time with an increased tally in the Assembly.
Raman Singh, Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh, also led his party in retaining power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Monetary committee rules to be notified in few weeks: Economic Affairs Secretary
- Lucky escape for Goa mayor, six others as boat capsizes
- Land grab accused Asha Kumari appointed AICC in-charge of Punjab, triggers row
- 'Bank mergers likely to happen after SBI consolidation'
- After Dutee Chand, sprinter Srabani Nanda qualifies for Rio Olympics