PM congratulates Vasundhara, Shivraj, Raman Singh
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday congratulated BJP leaders Vasundhara Raje, Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Raman Singh for the victory in Assembly elections in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
Singh called up Raje, who is set to become Chief Minister of Rajasthan, and wished her well, PMO sources said.
Raje led BJP to an emphatic victory in the Assembly elections, ousting Congress from power.
The Prime Minister also called up Chouhan and Raman Singh to wish them well, the sources said.
Chouhan, Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, spearheaded BJP in retaining power in the state for the third consecutive time with an increased tally in the Assembly.
Raman Singh, Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh, also led his party in retaining power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir