PM `day-dreaming` about returning to power: BJP
New Delhi: Hitting back, BJP on Thursday rubbished as "day dream" Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s hopes of retaining power in 2014 and said he is free to live under this "misconception".
Asked for his response to Singh`s attack on BJP and its senior leader L K Advani, party spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said, "We reject his statement."
In his reply to the Motion of Thanks on the President`s Address, Singh had said yesterday in the Lok Sabha that BJP had used the India Shining slogan in 2004 and fielded "Iron man" Advani "against the lamb that Manmohan Singh is".
He claimed the NDA lost in 2004 and 2009 and UPA will retain power in 2014 as well.
The combative stance of the soft-spoken PM had taken the BJP by surprise but the party dismissed his claim of handing down another defeat to the NDA in the next elections.
"We have not stopped him from day-dreaming. If he wants to live under a misconception, he can do so," Javadekar said.
Projecting Advani as an Ironman like Sardar Patel, BJP had run its election campaign in 2009 against Congress and Manmohan Singh on the planks of terrorism and strong leadership.
Singh had then punctured this campaign by raising the Kandahar hijack issue- in which the NDA government had swapped terrorists to free Indians held hostage in hijacked IC-814 plane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’