PM directs completion of Assam Gas Cracker Project by 2012
Sibsagar (Assam): Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh has stressed that the Assam Gas Cracker Petrochemicals
Limited should functioning in 2012 and 2000 people would be
employed in it, Union DONER and Mines Minister B K Handique
At present, there are 4000 employees working at the site
at Lepetkata in Assam`s Dibrugarh district.
The Centre has also decided to set up a plastic park in
upper Assam and would take necessary steps to develop
downstream and ancillary units, he told newsmen here.
A plastic processing unit would be set up either in
North Cachar Hills or Karbi Anglong district of the state.
Technological institutes in the state would be upgraded
and youths from the region provided necessary training to
upgrade their skills, Handique said.
The DONER ministry has also provided financial
assistance to seven institutes in the North East and also to
the National Construction Institution at Hyderabad where four
hundred youths of upper Assam are being trained, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister