PM directs completion of Assam Gas Cracker Project by 2012
Sibsagar (Assam): Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh has stressed that the Assam Gas Cracker Petrochemicals
Limited should functioning in 2012 and 2000 people would be
employed in it, Union DONER and Mines Minister B K Handique
At present, there are 4000 employees working at the site
at Lepetkata in Assam`s Dibrugarh district.
The Centre has also decided to set up a plastic park in
upper Assam and would take necessary steps to develop
downstream and ancillary units, he told newsmen here.
A plastic processing unit would be set up either in
North Cachar Hills or Karbi Anglong district of the state.
Technological institutes in the state would be upgraded
and youths from the region provided necessary training to
upgrade their skills, Handique said.
The DONER ministry has also provided financial
assistance to seven institutes in the North East and also to
the National Construction Institution at Hyderabad where four
hundred youths of upper Assam are being trained, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state