PM directs completion of Assam Gas Cracker Project by 2012
Sibsagar (Assam): Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh has stressed that the Assam Gas Cracker Petrochemicals
Limited should functioning in 2012 and 2000 people would be
employed in it, Union DONER and Mines Minister B K Handique
At present, there are 4000 employees working at the site
at Lepetkata in Assam`s Dibrugarh district.
The Centre has also decided to set up a plastic park in
upper Assam and would take necessary steps to develop
downstream and ancillary units, he told newsmen here.
A plastic processing unit would be set up either in
North Cachar Hills or Karbi Anglong district of the state.
Technological institutes in the state would be upgraded
and youths from the region provided necessary training to
upgrade their skills, Handique said.
The DONER ministry has also provided financial
assistance to seven institutes in the North East and also to
the National Construction Institution at Hyderabad where four
hundred youths of upper Assam are being trained, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- North Korea rules out nuclear talks resumption: Official
- 7th Pay Commission bonanza: Where you can invest your money wisely
- Sensex reclaims 27,000-mark, zooms over 250 points as voting begins in Britain's EU referendum
- Man Utd legend Paul Scholes to play at the Premier Futsal league in India
- EPL: Leicester striker Jamie Vardy agrees new contract with Premier League champions