PM directs Plan panel to prepare integrated water policy
New Delhi: In the backdrop of a host of
inter-state water disputes, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
on Tuesday directed the Planning Commission to prepare an
integrated water policy.
Singh`s cryptic direction came during the meeting of the
full Planning Commission during which Union Minister and DMK
leader Dayanidhi Maran raised the issue of water at the
Tamil Nadu is locked in disputes with upper riparian
neighbour Karnataka on the Cauvery issue and on the
Mullaperiyar dam issue with Kerala.
"The Planning Commission should prepare an integrated
water policy," the Prime Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region