PM files affidavit correcting age in RS poll papers
Guwahati: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the Congress Rajya Sabha candidate from Assam, has filed a fresh affidavit correcting his age to 80 prior to scrutiny of the nominations Tuesday.
The Prime Minister submitted the fresh affidavit two days ago correcting his age to 80 from 82 as given earlier in his nomination papers for the May 30 election, Assembly sources said today.
As per rule, there was time till yesterday for contestants to submit affidavits for making corrections in their nomination papers, they said.
The Prime Minister had filed his nomination papers on May 15 at the state Assembly before the Assembly Principal Secretary G P Das, who is also the Returning officer for the Rajya Sabha elections.
May 23 is the last date of withdrawal of candidatures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2016: Private schools outshine govt schools in Delhi
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!
- Maharashtra CM inaugurates Maharojgar Melava
- We have RSS training, capable of breaking necks with bare hands: BJP WB chief