PM for freedom to countries to pick their path to development
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
on Tuesday emphasised that differences should be resolved through
peaceful dialogue and discussions and that countries should be
free to choose their own path to development.
Singh`s comments came during his meeting with Prince
Bandar Bin Sultan Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Secretary General of
the National Security Council of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia,
who had called on him in Delhi.
The Saudi envoy briefed the Prime Minister on recent
developments in West Asia, North Africa and the Gulf region,
and in particular the efforts being made by Saudi Arabia and
the Gulf Cooperation Countries to bring peace, stability and
prosperity for the people in the region, an official statement
It said the Prince indicated the desire of the Gulf
States to meet the genuine aspirations of the people in an
atmosphere of peace and stability.
Prime Minister "conveyed India`s firm commitment to
further developing its strategic partnership with the Kingdom
of Saudi Arabia... emphasised that differences should be
resolved through peaceful dialogue and discussion and
countries should be free to determine their own pathways to
national development," the statement said.
Bandar reiterated Saudi Arabia`s keen interest in
further consolidating relations between India and the Kingdom
in all areas of cooperation, without reservation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in