PM for freedom to countries to pick their path to development
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
on Tuesday emphasised that differences should be resolved through
peaceful dialogue and discussions and that countries should be
free to choose their own path to development.
Singh`s comments came during his meeting with Prince
Bandar Bin Sultan Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Secretary General of
the National Security Council of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia,
who had called on him in Delhi.
The Saudi envoy briefed the Prime Minister on recent
developments in West Asia, North Africa and the Gulf region,
and in particular the efforts being made by Saudi Arabia and
the Gulf Cooperation Countries to bring peace, stability and
prosperity for the people in the region, an official statement
It said the Prince indicated the desire of the Gulf
States to meet the genuine aspirations of the people in an
atmosphere of peace and stability.
Prime Minister "conveyed India`s firm commitment to
further developing its strategic partnership with the Kingdom
of Saudi Arabia... emphasised that differences should be
resolved through peaceful dialogue and discussion and
countries should be free to determine their own pathways to
national development," the statement said.
Bandar reiterated Saudi Arabia`s keen interest in
further consolidating relations between India and the Kingdom
in all areas of cooperation, without reservation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Greg Clarke succeeds Greg Dyke as English FA chairman
- Punjab Elementary Teacher Training examination results declared; Check educationrecruitmentboard.com
- This new insulin pill could end painful treatment for diabetes patients
- Lewis Hamilton may take grid demotion at Belgian GP, confirm Mercedes
- Rahul Gandhi defamation case: Congress hits back at RSS, says why didn't Sangh file defamation case against others