PM going on foreign visit during Parliament session wrong: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday took a critical view
of the Prime Minister`s decision to go on a ten-day long
foreign tour when the winter session of Parliament is on and
alleged it amounted to showing disrespect to the legislative
"Parliamentary etiquette demands that the Prime
Minister should plan his foreign visits in a manner that it
does not clash with a Parliament session," Deputy Leader of
BJP in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj said.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is leaving for the US on
November 21. From Washington, he will leave for Port-of-Spain
on November 26 (Thanksgiving Day) to attend a Commonwealth
Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM). He will return to New
Delhi on November 30.
Swaraj alleged the absence of the Prime Minister when
the winter session is on, in a way showed disrespect to
However, the senior BJP leader added that in some
circumstances, like attending an international summit, the
Prime Minister would have little option but to go on a
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?