PM greets people of Goa on statehood day
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Friday greeted the people of Goa on their statehood day.
"Greetings to the people of Goa on Goa`s Statehood Day. May Goa`s development reach new heights in the years to come," he tweeted.
Goa became a full-fleddged state on May 30, 1987. Goa, which was liberated from the Portuguese on Dec 19, 1961, was till then a union territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview