PM hails successful launch of Agni-V missile
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday hailed the test firing of Inter Continental Ballistic Missile Agni-V saying that this represented another milestone in India`s quest to add to the credibility of its security and preparedness.
Soon after the launch of Agni-V, he congratulated the scientists who had worked tirelessly and called up DRDO chief VK Saraswat in this regard.
"Today`s successful Agni-V test launch represents another milestone in our quest to add to the credibility of our security and preparedness and to continuously explore the frontiers of science," he added.
"I congratulate all the scientific and technical personnel of the DRDO and other organisations who have worked tirelessly in our endeavour to strengthen the defence and security of our country," the Prime Minister said in his message.
The nation stands together in honouring the scientific community, the Prime Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?