PM hails successful launch of Agni-V missile
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday hailed the test firing of Inter Continental Ballistic Missile Agni-V saying that this represented another milestone in India`s quest to add to the credibility of its security and preparedness.
Soon after the launch of Agni-V, he congratulated the scientists who had worked tirelessly and called up DRDO chief VK Saraswat in this regard.
"Today`s successful Agni-V test launch represents another milestone in our quest to add to the credibility of our security and preparedness and to continuously explore the frontiers of science," he added.
"I congratulate all the scientific and technical personnel of the DRDO and other organisations who have worked tirelessly in our endeavour to strengthen the defence and security of our country," the Prime Minister said in his message.
The nation stands together in honouring the scientific community, the Prime Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Nation bids tearful adieu to APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!