PM hails successful launch of Agni-V missile
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday hailed the test firing of Inter Continental Ballistic Missile Agni-V saying that this represented another milestone in India`s quest to add to the credibility of its security and preparedness.
Soon after the launch of Agni-V, he congratulated the scientists who had worked tirelessly and called up DRDO chief VK Saraswat in this regard.
"Today`s successful Agni-V test launch represents another milestone in our quest to add to the credibility of our security and preparedness and to continuously explore the frontiers of science," he added.
"I congratulate all the scientific and technical personnel of the DRDO and other organisations who have worked tirelessly in our endeavour to strengthen the defence and security of our country," the Prime Minister said in his message.
The nation stands together in honouring the scientific community, the Prime Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Wimbledon: Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna face-off likely in pre-quarters
- Pak envoy Abdul Basit unfazed by LeT attack in J&K's Pampore, says 'let's enjoy Iftar party'
- Euro 2016: Italy`s Antonio Candreva to miss pre-quarters clash with Spain
- India has a very big infrastructure programme: Arun Jaitley
- Germany's Merkel calls for sober EU divorce talks with 'partner' Britain