PM has begun preaching to the BJP, says Venkaiah Naidu
Raipur: Reacting to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s remark about wrong use of language by BJP leaders, former BJP chief and MP Venkaiah Naidu said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has begun giving "pravachan" (discourse) to the party.
"The Congress President calls Narendra Modi `maut ka saudagar,` while the Congress general secretary calls him a megalomanic, psychopath and liar. Another spokesman calls him `Yama Raja`. The prime minister who was silent then, has now begun preaching to the BJP about the level of public debate. Let the Congress respond to this," Naidu told reporters here on Tuesday.
During a Congress party workers` convention in Raipur, the Prime Minister had said without naming anyone that, "We should criticise opposition parties and their policies with which we do not agree, but we have to distinguish ourselves, especially from the BJP, some of whose leaders use bad language against other party leaders and chief ministers".
Accusing the Congress of being responsible for security threats to the country, Naidu said that terrorism, Maoism and separatism are all results of the Congress party`s opportunistic policies, wrong thinking and wrong direction.
Alleging that the Congress is responsible for all ills, problems and challenges faced by the country he said, "The last decade has been a decade of betrayal. The Congress has misused and destroyed institutions like the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), the Enforcement Directorate and the Income Tax Department for its short term political gains".
He also accused the CBI of supporting the UPA government.
"It is courtesy the CBI, that the Congress is still in power. Otherwise it lost its majority long ago," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday