PM has begun preaching to the BJP: Venkaiah Naidu
Raipur: Reacting to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s remark about wrong use of language by BJP leaders, former BJP chief and MP Venkaiah Naidu said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has begun giving "pravachan" (discourse) to the party.
"The Congress President calls Narendra Modi `maut ka saudagar,` while the Congress general secretary calls him a megalomanic, psychopath and liar. Another spokesman calls him `Yama Raja`. The prime minister who was silent then, has now begun preaching to the BJP about the level of public debate. Let the Congress respond to this," Naidu told reporters here on Tuesday.
During a Congress party workers` convention in Raipur, the Prime Minister had said without naming anyone that, "We should criticise opposition parties and their policies with which we do not agree, but we have to distinguish ourselves, especially from the BJP, some of whose leaders use bad language against other party leaders and chief ministers".
Accusing the Congress of being responsible for security threats to the country, Naidu said that terrorism, Maoism and separatism are all results of the Congress party`s opportunistic policies, wrong thinking and wrong direction.
Alleging that the Congress is responsible for all ills, problems and challenges faced by the country he said, "The last decade has been a decade of betrayal. The Congress has misused and destroyed institutions like the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), the Enforcement Directorate and the Income Tax Department for its short term political gains".
He also accused the CBI of supporting the UPA government.
"It is courtesy the CBI, that the Congress is still in power. Otherwise it lost its majority long ago," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened