PM hopes important bills are passed in Parliament
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Wednesday hoped that important bills are passed in the last session of Parliament.
"We have important pieces of legislation ready for approval by the Parliament and I sincerely hope that Parliament will create an atmosphere where all sections of the house work together to pass these bills," the prime minister told the media outside Parliament.
The last Parliament session of the 15th Lok Sabha session begins Wednesday.
Singh added: "...this is probably the last parliament session and its my clear appeal to all sections of the house to contribute to creating an atmosphere so that it goes down as a historic session."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state