PM hopes Parl will function normally
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
On Sunday voiced hope that Parliament would function normally on
Wednesday when it meets after a four-day break.
"Hopefully," he said when asked if Parliament would
function normally on Wednesday.
His remark came while attending the Navy Day `at-home`
Almost half of the Winter session has been washed out due
to the din caused by the Opposition and two UPA constituents
over their demand for a rollback of the decision to allow FDI
Logjam has prevailed in Parliament despite government`s
efforts to placate its allies - DMK and Trinamool Congress -
whose members have continued to join the Opposition in
vociferously protesting the FDI decision.
The two Houses will now meet on Wednesday. The current
session is slated to conclude on December 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka bandh tomorrow; film theatres to remain closed, protests grow – More details
- HC upholds summoning of Vijay Mallya in cheque-bounce cases
- Scientists identify key protein that can predict ovarian cancer early!
- Report on roadmap to double farmers' income by Sept: Govt
- Sugar prices up in Delhi by Rs 2 in June-July at Rs 40-41 per kg