PM hopes Parl will function normally
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
On Sunday voiced hope that Parliament would function normally on
Wednesday when it meets after a four-day break.
"Hopefully," he said when asked if Parliament would
function normally on Wednesday.
His remark came while attending the Navy Day `at-home`
Almost half of the Winter session has been washed out due
to the din caused by the Opposition and two UPA constituents
over their demand for a rollback of the decision to allow FDI
Logjam has prevailed in Parliament despite government`s
efforts to placate its allies - DMK and Trinamool Congress -
whose members have continued to join the Opposition in
vociferously protesting the FDI decision.
The two Houses will now meet on Wednesday. The current
session is slated to conclude on December 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened