PM hopes Parl will function normally
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
On Sunday voiced hope that Parliament would function normally on
Wednesday when it meets after a four-day break.
"Hopefully," he said when asked if Parliament would
function normally on Wednesday.
His remark came while attending the Navy Day `at-home`
Almost half of the Winter session has been washed out due
to the din caused by the Opposition and two UPA constituents
over their demand for a rollback of the decision to allow FDI
Logjam has prevailed in Parliament despite government`s
efforts to placate its allies - DMK and Trinamool Congress -
whose members have continued to join the Opposition in
vociferously protesting the FDI decision.
The two Houses will now meet on Wednesday. The current
session is slated to conclude on December 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister