PM hopes Parl will function normally
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
On Sunday voiced hope that Parliament would function normally on
Wednesday when it meets after a four-day break.
"Hopefully," he said when asked if Parliament would
function normally on Wednesday.
His remark came while attending the Navy Day `at-home`
Almost half of the Winter session has been washed out due
to the din caused by the Opposition and two UPA constituents
over their demand for a rollback of the decision to allow FDI
Logjam has prevailed in Parliament despite government`s
efforts to placate its allies - DMK and Trinamool Congress -
whose members have continued to join the Opposition in
vociferously protesting the FDI decision.
The two Houses will now meet on Wednesday. The current
session is slated to conclude on December 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen