PM hopes Parl will function normally
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
On Sunday voiced hope that Parliament would function normally on
Wednesday when it meets after a four-day break.
"Hopefully," he said when asked if Parliament would
function normally on Wednesday.
His remark came while attending the Navy Day `at-home`
Almost half of the Winter session has been washed out due
to the din caused by the Opposition and two UPA constituents
over their demand for a rollback of the decision to allow FDI
Logjam has prevailed in Parliament despite government`s
efforts to placate its allies - DMK and Trinamool Congress -
whose members have continued to join the Opposition in
vociferously protesting the FDI decision.
The two Houses will now meet on Wednesday. The current
session is slated to conclude on December 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'