PM inaugurates India’s first Sports Injury Centre at Safdarjung Hospital
New Delhi: India on Sunday got its first ever
dedicated `Sports Injury Centre` as it braces to host the 19th
Commonwealth Games here.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today inaugurated the
seven-storeyed Centre situated within the premises of the
The Centre aims to provide world class treatment for
sport-related injuries to sportspersons of the country besides
catering to the needs of the participants of the Commonwealth
Games that begin Sunday next.
The Centre, built at a cost of Rs 70 crore, has an
inpatient capacity of 35 beds in two wards with all the modern
facilities. It also has three world class integrated modular
operation theatres with facility for video conferencing.
It is equipped with state-of-the-art operation theatres,
physiotherapy centre with all the facilities adhering to
global standards and a dedicated team of well experienced and
The Centre also houses all modern diagnostic facilities
such as MRI and CT scan, digital X-ray, colour Doppler test
and bone desitometry besides all laboratory tests with the
most modern machines, a brochure on the Centre issued by the
Safdarjung Hospital said.
Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, Minister of State for
Health Dinesh Trivedi, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit
were among the dignitaries present on the occasion.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference