PM invokes youth power for friendship with China
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday invoked youth power to pitch for greater understanding between India and China, saying it will make "our friendship a mighty force".
Singh underlined the need for strengthening people-to- people contacts as he interacted with a group of Chinese youth at his residence here.
"People-to-people exchanges are important in enhancing mutual understanding... Youth of the two country should be on the same wavelength. That will make our friendship a mighty force," he said during his interaction with the group.
Singh, who has been a strong votary of friendly relations with China, said, "In my talks with the Chinese leadership we all agreed and stressed that people-to-people contacts should be strengthened."
Welcoming the group, he wished them a wonderful stay in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!