PM invokes youth power for friendship with China
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday invoked youth power to pitch for greater understanding between India and China, saying it will make "our friendship a mighty force".
Singh underlined the need for strengthening people-to- people contacts as he interacted with a group of Chinese youth at his residence here.
"People-to-people exchanges are important in enhancing mutual understanding... Youth of the two country should be on the same wavelength. That will make our friendship a mighty force," he said during his interaction with the group.
Singh, who has been a strong votary of friendly relations with China, said, "In my talks with the Chinese leadership we all agreed and stressed that people-to-people contacts should be strengthened."
Welcoming the group, he wished them a wonderful stay in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list