PM invokes youth power for friendship with China
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday invoked youth power to pitch for greater understanding between India and China, saying it will make "our friendship a mighty force".
Singh underlined the need for strengthening people-to- people contacts as he interacted with a group of Chinese youth at his residence here.
"People-to-people exchanges are important in enhancing mutual understanding... Youth of the two country should be on the same wavelength. That will make our friendship a mighty force," he said during his interaction with the group.
Singh, who has been a strong votary of friendly relations with China, said, "In my talks with the Chinese leadership we all agreed and stressed that people-to-people contacts should be strengthened."
Welcoming the group, he wished them a wonderful stay in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report
- It may soon be time to say goodbye to dripping ice cream cones!
- Learn how much exercise you need to prevent death
- Scorpene leak: Data includes details on missile likely to be used in submarines