PM invokes youth power for friendship with China
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday invoked youth power to pitch for greater understanding between India and China, saying it will make "our friendship a mighty force".
Singh underlined the need for strengthening people-to- people contacts as he interacted with a group of Chinese youth at his residence here.
"People-to-people exchanges are important in enhancing mutual understanding... Youth of the two country should be on the same wavelength. That will make our friendship a mighty force," he said during his interaction with the group.
Singh, who has been a strong votary of friendly relations with China, said, "In my talks with the Chinese leadership we all agreed and stressed that people-to-people contacts should be strengthened."
Welcoming the group, he wished them a wonderful stay in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing