PM keen PMO is brought under Lokpal ambit: Cong
Chandigarh: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is
keen that the office of the PM is included under the purview
of Lokpal, Union Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal said here on Sunday.
"The Prime Minister is keen that his office should be
included under the purview of Lokpal," he told reporters.
The Parliamentary Affairs Minister said Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh upholds principles of integrity in public life.
Referring to the report of Parliament`s Standing Committee
on Lokpal Bill, he said all concerns would be addressed.
"Change in bill will be done in a harmonious manner," he said.
On protests by some parties on Lokpal bill, he said, "They
just want to show they are against corruption. Their
(political parties) double standards are not acceptable."
He also said there was need to bring amendments in the
existing laws on corruption.
Referring to BJP steps against Lokpal, he said that it was
politically motivated. "Congress General Secretary Rahul
Gandhi wants that the Lokpal should get constitutional
status," he said.
Bansal said the BJP had failed to understand the Lokpal
Bill. "I feel sorry that socialist Anna Hazare is opposed to
the present form of Lokpal Bill...Anna must come forward with
his suggestions...Parliament is not irrelevant," he said.
"Wait for three to four days for an all party meeting`s
consensus on Lokpal Bill," he said, adding all political
parties were committed to fight corruption.
He said there were over 30 lakh government employees under
class D service. "If these employees are put under Lokpal it
will become difficult to give a judgement," he said.
On judiciary to be part of Lokpal, he said, "Wait for the
amendment to come in Lokpal."
He said the Centre was committed to pass the Lokpal Bill
in this session itself.
On Anna`s fast in Delhi, he said if he was only fighting
against corruption, he was welcome.
He lashed out at the BJP for allegedly denigrating the
prime minister`s office. "I pity on BJP," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming