PM keen PMO is brought under Lokpal ambit: Cong
Chandigarh: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is
keen that the office of the PM is included under the purview
of Lokpal, Union Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal said here on Sunday.
"The Prime Minister is keen that his office should be
included under the purview of Lokpal," he told reporters.
The Parliamentary Affairs Minister said Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh upholds principles of integrity in public life.
Referring to the report of Parliament`s Standing Committee
on Lokpal Bill, he said all concerns would be addressed.
"Change in bill will be done in a harmonious manner," he said.
On protests by some parties on Lokpal bill, he said, "They
just want to show they are against corruption. Their
(political parties) double standards are not acceptable."
He also said there was need to bring amendments in the
existing laws on corruption.
Referring to BJP steps against Lokpal, he said that it was
politically motivated. "Congress General Secretary Rahul
Gandhi wants that the Lokpal should get constitutional
status," he said.
Bansal said the BJP had failed to understand the Lokpal
Bill. "I feel sorry that socialist Anna Hazare is opposed to
the present form of Lokpal Bill...Anna must come forward with
his suggestions...Parliament is not irrelevant," he said.
"Wait for three to four days for an all party meeting`s
consensus on Lokpal Bill," he said, adding all political
parties were committed to fight corruption.
He said there were over 30 lakh government employees under
class D service. "If these employees are put under Lokpal it
will become difficult to give a judgement," he said.
On judiciary to be part of Lokpal, he said, "Wait for the
amendment to come in Lokpal."
He said the Centre was committed to pass the Lokpal Bill
in this session itself.
On Anna`s fast in Delhi, he said if he was only fighting
against corruption, he was welcome.
He lashed out at the BJP for allegedly denigrating the
prime minister`s office. "I pity on BJP," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what