PM leaves for New Delhi
Chennai: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh left here on Sunday for New Delhi after witnessing the successful launch of India`s 100th space mission from Sriharikota in which the PSLV C-21 placed two foreign satellites into orbit.
Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah and Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa saw him off at the airport after his return from Sriharikota, about 110 km from here.
Singh, who arrived here on Saturday en route to Sriharikota, stayed overnight at the spaceport in Andhra Pradesh to witness the historic launch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon