PM likely to visit J&K in June, says Soz
Srinagar: Prime Minister Manomhan Singh is likely to visit Jammu and Kashmir in June, state Congress president Saifuddin Soz said on Wednesday.
"I met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in New Delhi today. Among the matters, the Prime Minister`s proposed visit to Kashmir on June 25 and 26, 2013 was also discussed," Soz said in a statement.
Soz claimed that the Prime Minister has agreed to release a commemorative stamp on shair-e- Kashmir (Poet of Kashmir) Gulam Ahmad Mehjoor.
"The proposal for this Commemorative Stamp was initially mooted by the Mehjoor Foundation. Later, when I raised this issue in the Rajya Sabha as a Special Mention on November 21, 2011, the Government of India responded positively and agreed to release a commemorative stamp on Mehjoor," Soz said.
He said the occasion would be a tribute to Mehjoor, who was accepted widely as harbinger of message of harmony and togetherness of mankind.
"I also met Minister of Communications and Information Technology Kapil Sibal in this connection. He will also be present on this occasion," the PCC chief said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees