PM likely to visit J&K in June, says Soz
Srinagar: Prime Minister Manomhan Singh is likely to visit Jammu and Kashmir in June, state Congress president Saifuddin Soz said on Wednesday.
"I met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in New Delhi today. Among the matters, the Prime Minister`s proposed visit to Kashmir on June 25 and 26, 2013 was also discussed," Soz said in a statement.
Soz claimed that the Prime Minister has agreed to release a commemorative stamp on shair-e- Kashmir (Poet of Kashmir) Gulam Ahmad Mehjoor.
"The proposal for this Commemorative Stamp was initially mooted by the Mehjoor Foundation. Later, when I raised this issue in the Rajya Sabha as a Special Mention on November 21, 2011, the Government of India responded positively and agreed to release a commemorative stamp on Mehjoor," Soz said.
He said the occasion would be a tribute to Mehjoor, who was accepted widely as harbinger of message of harmony and togetherness of mankind.
"I also met Minister of Communications and Information Technology Kapil Sibal in this connection. He will also be present on this occasion," the PCC chief said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Two killed, 70 wounded in Madagascar grenade blast
- Islamic State claims deadly suicide attack on Jordanian soldiers
- US parades celebrate Gay Pride, honor Orlando victims
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally