PM likely to visit J&K in June, says Soz
Srinagar: Prime Minister Manomhan Singh is likely to visit Jammu and Kashmir in June, state Congress president Saifuddin Soz said on Wednesday.
"I met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in New Delhi today. Among the matters, the Prime Minister`s proposed visit to Kashmir on June 25 and 26, 2013 was also discussed," Soz said in a statement.
Soz claimed that the Prime Minister has agreed to release a commemorative stamp on shair-e- Kashmir (Poet of Kashmir) Gulam Ahmad Mehjoor.
"The proposal for this Commemorative Stamp was initially mooted by the Mehjoor Foundation. Later, when I raised this issue in the Rajya Sabha as a Special Mention on November 21, 2011, the Government of India responded positively and agreed to release a commemorative stamp on Mehjoor," Soz said.
He said the occasion would be a tribute to Mehjoor, who was accepted widely as harbinger of message of harmony and togetherness of mankind.
"I also met Minister of Communications and Information Technology Kapil Sibal in this connection. He will also be present on this occasion," the PCC chief said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre