PM likely to visit J&K in June, says Soz
Srinagar: Prime Minister Manomhan Singh is likely to visit Jammu and Kashmir in June, state Congress president Saifuddin Soz said on Wednesday.
"I met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in New Delhi today. Among the matters, the Prime Minister`s proposed visit to Kashmir on June 25 and 26, 2013 was also discussed," Soz said in a statement.
Soz claimed that the Prime Minister has agreed to release a commemorative stamp on shair-e- Kashmir (Poet of Kashmir) Gulam Ahmad Mehjoor.
"The proposal for this Commemorative Stamp was initially mooted by the Mehjoor Foundation. Later, when I raised this issue in the Rajya Sabha as a Special Mention on November 21, 2011, the Government of India responded positively and agreed to release a commemorative stamp on Mehjoor," Soz said.
He said the occasion would be a tribute to Mehjoor, who was accepted widely as harbinger of message of harmony and togetherness of mankind.
"I also met Minister of Communications and Information Technology Kapil Sibal in this connection. He will also be present on this occasion," the PCC chief said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP