PM losing control over coalition government: Jaitley
Ranchi: BJP leader Arun Jaitley Saturday said
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has lost control over his
coalition government but hoped the Opposition`s demand for a
JPC probe into the 2G spectrum scam to resume the functioning
of the Parliament from February 21, would be accepted.
"There is a drift in the UPA. The prime minister is no
more in control of his government....Be it his (Singh`s)
economic management, control over price rise or control over
alliance, the government is not in his control," Jaitley, also
Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha, told reporters here.
The BJP leader, here to attend an executive committee
meeting, said the party expected the Centre to agree to the
JPC probe as the scam was not merely confined to corruption
but had put question marks on the pillars of democracy.
"The demand for a JPC had become all the more important
to find out role of any industrial house and middlemen," he
Had BJP not obstructed the functioning of Parliament to
press its demand for the JPC, A Raja would not have resigned
and the Niira Radia tapes, Adarsh housing scam, CWG scam and
appointment of the Central Vigilance Commissioner would not
have come to the fore, Jaitley added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands