PM Manmohan Singh arrives in Beijing on three-day visit
Beijing: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived here on Tuesday on a three-day visit during which India and China are expected to ink several key pacts, including an agreement on a mechanism to prevent incursions by Chinese troops along the Line of Actual Control.
Singh, who arrived here from Russia tonight, will hold talks with Chinese President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang tomorrow on a host of issues. He will also meet Zhang Dejiang, Chairman of the National People`s Congress, the Chinese parliament.
Besides the Border Defence Cooperation Agreement, a series of pacts are expected to be signed after his talks with Li, officials said.
Along with Li, Singh will address business leaders attending the second India-China CEOs Forum being held on the sidelines of the Indian Prime Minister`s visit.
Ten top Indian industrialists led by Reliance Anil Dhirubai Ambani Group chief Anil Ambani and prominent Chinese industrialists are taking part in the CEOs` meeting.
On October 24, Singh will address future leaders at the central school of the Communist Party of China before his departure.
China has said Singh`s visit is of great importance for deepening the bilateral strategic partnership. "We attach great importance to the visit and are looking forward to it," Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said.
"It is of great importance to deepen China-India strategic partnership" as Singh`s visit follows the one made by Premier Li Keqiang to India in May, she said.
Ahead of his arrival, Singh told the Chinese state-run media that he had attempted to put bilateral relations on a "stable growth path" during the past nine years.
"Working together with the Chinese leadership, my attempt has been to create a forward looking agenda for our bilateral relations. There has been tremendous increase in our economic exchanges as both India and China themselves have grown and prospered," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand
- When Smriti Irani was denied cabin crew job for 'lack of good personality' - Know Details
- Health Ministry to start awareness campaign on dengue, chikungunya