PM Manmohan Singh arrives in Beijing on three-day visit
Beijing: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived here on Tuesday on a three-day visit during which India and China are expected to ink several key pacts, including an agreement on a mechanism to prevent incursions by Chinese troops along the Line of Actual Control.
Singh, who arrived here from Russia tonight, will hold talks with Chinese President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang tomorrow on a host of issues. He will also meet Zhang Dejiang, Chairman of the National People`s Congress, the Chinese parliament.
Besides the Border Defence Cooperation Agreement, a series of pacts are expected to be signed after his talks with Li, officials said.
Along with Li, Singh will address business leaders attending the second India-China CEOs Forum being held on the sidelines of the Indian Prime Minister`s visit.
Ten top Indian industrialists led by Reliance Anil Dhirubai Ambani Group chief Anil Ambani and prominent Chinese industrialists are taking part in the CEOs` meeting.
On October 24, Singh will address future leaders at the central school of the Communist Party of China before his departure.
China has said Singh`s visit is of great importance for deepening the bilateral strategic partnership. "We attach great importance to the visit and are looking forward to it," Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said.
"It is of great importance to deepen China-India strategic partnership" as Singh`s visit follows the one made by Premier Li Keqiang to India in May, she said.
Ahead of his arrival, Singh told the Chinese state-run media that he had attempted to put bilateral relations on a "stable growth path" during the past nine years.
"Working together with the Chinese leadership, my attempt has been to create a forward looking agenda for our bilateral relations. There has been tremendous increase in our economic exchanges as both India and China themselves have grown and prospered," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre