PM Manmohan Singh arrives in Beijing on three-day visit
Beijing: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived here on Tuesday on a three-day visit during which India and China are expected to ink several key pacts, including an agreement on a mechanism to prevent incursions by Chinese troops along the Line of Actual Control.
Singh, who arrived here from Russia tonight, will hold talks with Chinese President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang tomorrow on a host of issues. He will also meet Zhang Dejiang, Chairman of the National People`s Congress, the Chinese parliament.
Besides the Border Defence Cooperation Agreement, a series of pacts are expected to be signed after his talks with Li, officials said.
Along with Li, Singh will address business leaders attending the second India-China CEOs Forum being held on the sidelines of the Indian Prime Minister`s visit.
Ten top Indian industrialists led by Reliance Anil Dhirubai Ambani Group chief Anil Ambani and prominent Chinese industrialists are taking part in the CEOs` meeting.
On October 24, Singh will address future leaders at the central school of the Communist Party of China before his departure.
China has said Singh`s visit is of great importance for deepening the bilateral strategic partnership. "We attach great importance to the visit and are looking forward to it," Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said.
"It is of great importance to deepen China-India strategic partnership" as Singh`s visit follows the one made by Premier Li Keqiang to India in May, she said.
Ahead of his arrival, Singh told the Chinese state-run media that he had attempted to put bilateral relations on a "stable growth path" during the past nine years.
"Working together with the Chinese leadership, my attempt has been to create a forward looking agenda for our bilateral relations. There has been tremendous increase in our economic exchanges as both India and China themselves have grown and prospered," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read