PM Manmohan Singh arrives in Brunei
Brunei: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday arrived here for the ASEAN summit and will hold discussions on crucial bilateral and regional issues.
Singh is accompanied by his wife Gursharan Kaur, National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon and other top officials. He is on a four-day visit to Brunei and Indonesia.
In Brunei, he will take part in the 11th India-ASEAN Summit and the 8th East Asian Summit tomorrow, followed by a bilateral visit to Indonesia.
India is looking for greater economic ties and cooperation in areas of security, connectivity and culture with South-East Asian countries.
Describing Brunei Darussalam and Indonesia as two important partners in South East Asia, Singh said in his departure statement, "Our engagement with the ASEAN and its member countries is the cornerstone of our `Look East` policy and has evolved into a strong, comprehensive and multi-faceted partnership in recent years."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi