PM Manmohan Singh arrives in Brunei
Brunei: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday arrived here for the ASEAN summit and will hold discussions on crucial bilateral and regional issues.
Singh is accompanied by his wife Gursharan Kaur, National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon and other top officials. He is on a four-day visit to Brunei and Indonesia.
In Brunei, he will take part in the 11th India-ASEAN Summit and the 8th East Asian Summit tomorrow, followed by a bilateral visit to Indonesia.
India is looking for greater economic ties and cooperation in areas of security, connectivity and culture with South-East Asian countries.
Describing Brunei Darussalam and Indonesia as two important partners in South East Asia, Singh said in his departure statement, "Our engagement with the ASEAN and its member countries is the cornerstone of our `Look East` policy and has evolved into a strong, comprehensive and multi-faceted partnership in recent years."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'