PM Manmohan Singh faces protest at Waqf event
New Delhi: A minority affairs ministry conference attended by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi was disrupted here Wednesday by a man who said none of the government schemes were reaching the people.
As soon as the prime minister concluded his speech at the launch of the National Waqf Development Corporation Limited (NAWADCO) promising more steps to empower minorities, the man, identified as M Faheem Baig, stood up and shouted that none of the schemes were reaching the people.
He was gagged and escorted out of the venue by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh