PM Manmohan Singh faces protest at Waqf event
New Delhi: A minority affairs ministry conference attended by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi was disrupted here Wednesday by a man who said none of the government schemes were reaching the people.
As soon as the prime minister concluded his speech at the launch of the National Waqf Development Corporation Limited (NAWADCO) promising more steps to empower minorities, the man, identified as M Faheem Baig, stood up and shouted that none of the schemes were reaching the people.
He was gagged and escorted out of the venue by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef