PM Manmohan Singh faces protest at Waqf event
New Delhi: A minority affairs ministry conference attended by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi was disrupted here Wednesday by a man who said none of the government schemes were reaching the people.
As soon as the prime minister concluded his speech at the launch of the National Waqf Development Corporation Limited (NAWADCO) promising more steps to empower minorities, the man, identified as M Faheem Baig, stood up and shouted that none of the schemes were reaching the people.
He was gagged and escorted out of the venue by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city