PM Manmohan Singh to visit Mumbai today
Mumbai: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is arriving in Mumbai on Saturday on a two-day visit.
Accompanied by his wife Gursharan Kaur, the Prime Minister will pay a visit to the Asian Heart Institute and also attend the Economic Times awards function.
He is scheduled to inaugurate a new facility at the medical institute in Bandra Kurla Complex.
Singh will stay overnight at the Raj Bhawan and depart for New Delhi on Sunday morning.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan will accompany the Prime Minister at both the functions.
The Chief Minister`s office said no separate meetings were scheduled with the Prime Minister to discuss any specific issues in the state.
However, sources said Chavan may take up pending issues of infrastructure and other developmental projects including Navi Mumbai international airport, central funds for irrigation projects and other development projects with Singh during the visit.
Leader of Opposition in Legislative Assembly Vinod Tawde has threatened to agitate during the visit to demand immediate transfer of Indu Mill land for Dr BR Ambedkar memorial.
Criticising the Chief Minister`s visit to Delhi on Thursday, Tawde said Chavan was only attending meetings in the national capital and no concrete decision was being taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day