PM Manmohan Singh to visit Mumbai today
Mumbai: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is arriving in Mumbai on Saturday on a two-day visit.
Accompanied by his wife Gursharan Kaur, the Prime Minister will pay a visit to the Asian Heart Institute and also attend the Economic Times awards function.
He is scheduled to inaugurate a new facility at the medical institute in Bandra Kurla Complex.
Singh will stay overnight at the Raj Bhawan and depart for New Delhi on Sunday morning.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan will accompany the Prime Minister at both the functions.
The Chief Minister`s office said no separate meetings were scheduled with the Prime Minister to discuss any specific issues in the state.
However, sources said Chavan may take up pending issues of infrastructure and other developmental projects including Navi Mumbai international airport, central funds for irrigation projects and other development projects with Singh during the visit.
Leader of Opposition in Legislative Assembly Vinod Tawde has threatened to agitate during the visit to demand immediate transfer of Indu Mill land for Dr BR Ambedkar memorial.
Criticising the Chief Minister`s visit to Delhi on Thursday, Tawde said Chavan was only attending meetings in the national capital and no concrete decision was being taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy