PM Manmohan Singh to visit Mumbai today
Mumbai: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is arriving in Mumbai on Saturday on a two-day visit.
Accompanied by his wife Gursharan Kaur, the Prime Minister will pay a visit to the Asian Heart Institute and also attend the Economic Times awards function.
He is scheduled to inaugurate a new facility at the medical institute in Bandra Kurla Complex.
Singh will stay overnight at the Raj Bhawan and depart for New Delhi on Sunday morning.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan will accompany the Prime Minister at both the functions.
The Chief Minister`s office said no separate meetings were scheduled with the Prime Minister to discuss any specific issues in the state.
However, sources said Chavan may take up pending issues of infrastructure and other developmental projects including Navi Mumbai international airport, central funds for irrigation projects and other development projects with Singh during the visit.
Leader of Opposition in Legislative Assembly Vinod Tawde has threatened to agitate during the visit to demand immediate transfer of Indu Mill land for Dr BR Ambedkar memorial.
Criticising the Chief Minister`s visit to Delhi on Thursday, Tawde said Chavan was only attending meetings in the national capital and no concrete decision was being taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof