PM meets cabinet, with Maran present
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Thursday met his cabinet at his residence here, and an official said yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s threatened hunger strike against corruption might be discussed.
Senior ministers, including Dayanidhi Maran, who has come under the 2G spectrum scam cloud, were present at the 7 Race Course Road residence, the official said.
This is the first time Maran is attending a cabinet meeting after he was accused of having received kickbacks for issuing a 2G licence to a private operator when he was the communication minister 2004-07.
Maran has denied the allegations amid demands for his resignation.
The cabinet meeting comes a day after Ramdev ignored appeals from the government to abandon his fast. Informed sources said the ministers would discuss how to break the deadlock with the yoga guru.
Manmohan Singh Wednesday night met senior cabinet ministers to discuss the Ramdev issue.
The cabinet is also likely to consider a 5-15 percent increase in minimum support price for crops planted in the coming kharif season. This includes paddy, groundnut, cotton and some coarse cereals.
This would compensate farmers for the sharp rise in costs of inputs and prices in general.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you