PM meets Lankan President, discusses Tamil issue
Addu (Maldives): Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh is understood to have discussed the Tamil issue and
frequent attacks on Indian fishermen by Sri Lankan navy during
his meeting with President Mahinda Rajapaksa here on Thursday.
The two leaders met on the sidelines of the 17th SAARC
summit in this picturesque Maldivian island.
Rehabilitation of the Tamils displaced in the LTTE
conflict, who have been living in camps, and the frequent
attacks by the Sri Lankan navy on Indian fishermen are
understood to have come up during the 45-minute discussion.
The meeting between the two leaders took place in the
Shangrilla resort here on the shores of the Indian ocean.
Later, Rajapaksa said his meeting with Singh was very
Singh also held talks with his Bangladeshi counterpart
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Official pictures from mehendi/ sangeet ceremony are here
- Crucial file on 'truth behind Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's disappearance' destroyed in 1972
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!