PM meets Mulayam over Lokpal bill
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday met Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav in an effort to make the party agree for the passage of the Lokpal bill.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and Congress party chief Sonia Gandhi were also present in the meeting, said sources.
Sonia Gandhi is hopeful that the bill will be passed in this session.
The Samajwadi Party has been disrupting proceedings in the Rajya Sabha, where the bill has been tabled for passing.
The Winter Session of Parliament, which began on December 05, is scheduled to close on December 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed