PM meets President Mukherjee
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Friday called on President Pranab Mukherjee, their first meeting since the latter took office on Wednesday.
Singh drove down to Rashtrapati Bhawan for a noon meeting with Mukherjee.
Officials described the meeting as a courtesy call.
This is the first meeting between Singh and Mukherjee since he assumed the office of President on Wednesday.
Vice President Hamid Ansari, Defence Minister A K Antony, Governors of several states, Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj were among those who had called on Mukherjee yesterday.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Docoss X1: Hurry up! Online booking for Rs 888 smartphone to end today
- Good news for 'Feni' lovers! Goa's traditional brew to get 'heritage spirit' tag
- Whoa! Sidharth Malhotra feels 'ishq wala love' for Alia Bhatt?
- After Salman Khan, IOA approaches Sachin Tendulkar, AR Rahman to be Goodwill Ambassadors
- IMF sees emerging market innovations as 'crankiness' of Governor: Raghuram Rajan