PM Modi condoles Nepal landslide tragedy
Kathmandu: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Sunday offered condolences after a landslide killed at least eight people in Nepal.
The disaster hurled huge amounts of mud and rocks blocking the Bhotekoshi river Saturday. A small village was buried and at least 150 people were reported missing.
After the landslide, the river formed a large lake in Sindhupalchowk district, about 60 km from Kathmandu.
Modi`s statement came shortly after his arrival here on a two-day visit, Nepal foreign ministry said.
On his part, Foreign Minister Mahendra Bahadur Pandey voiced sorrow over the deaths and destruction in a landslide near Pune. Pandey expressed his views when he met Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog