PM Modi named leader of BJP Parliamentary Party in Parliament
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi was on Saturday named as the new leader of the reconstituted BJP Parliamentary Party in both houses of Parliament.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will be the deputy leaders of the party in the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha respectively.
According to the newly-constituted BJP Parliamentary Party Executive Committee, the party has named Parliamentary Affairs Minister M Venkaiah Naidu as the government`s Chief Whip in Parliament, besides the chief whips of the government and the party in both the Houses.
The party has also named 13 whips in Lok Sabha and three in Rajya Sabha.
Ministers of State for Parliamentary Affairs Santosh Gangwar and Prakash Javadekar will be the government`s deputy Chief Whips in the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha respectively.
Lok Sabha member from Rajasthan Arjun Ram Meghwal will be the party`s Chief Whip in the Lok Sabha while Rajya Sabha member from Punjab Avinash Rai Khanna will be the new party chief whip in the Upper House.
BJP has also named Ganesh Singh, a member from Madhya Pradesh, as party Secretary in the Lok Sabha and Bhupendra Yadav from Rajasthan in the Rajya Sabha.
PC Mohan from Karnataka is the new treasurer of BJP Parliamentary Party.
The 13 whips named by BJP in the Lok Sabha are: Suresh Angadi (Karnataka), Sanjay Dhotre (Maharashtra), Sanjay Jaiswal (Bihar), Sunil Singh (Jharkhand), Ratan Lal Katariya (Haryana), Parvesh Verma (Delhi), Kirit Solanki (Gujarat), Rakesh Singh (Madhya Pradesh), Kamla Patle (Chhattisgarh), Om Birla (Rajasthan), Mahendra Pandey, Ramshankar Karhuriya and Pankaj Choudhary (all Uttar Pradesh).
The three party whips in the Rajya Sabha are Bimla Kashyap Sood (Himachal Pradesh), Mansukh L Mandaviya (Gujarat) and Narayanlal Panchariya (Rajasthan).
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information