PM Modi to visit Nepal from Sunday: MEA
New Delhi: Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be visiting Kathmandu from Sunday and added that the visit indicates the high priority that India places on relations with its neighborhood.
"Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be traveling to Kathmandu on the 3rd and 4th August. This visit indicates the high priority that India places on its neighborhood," said Akbaruddin.
"On 3rd of August, the prime minister will have delegation level talks with the Prime Minister of Nepal, Sushil Koirala. He has been invited to address the Constituent Assembly of Nepal on same day. On 4th August the PM will visit the Pashupatinath Temple," he added.
Earlier, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj had met Nepal`s Deputy Prime Minister, and Home Minister Bamdev Gautam while on a visit to that country.
She had met the top political leadership of Nepal and held parleys with Nepal`s President and its Prime Minister, Ram Baran Yadav and Sushil Koirala respectively.
Swaraj`s trip was also to prepare the ground for a visit by Modi to Nepal this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation