PM must resign owing moral responsibility: BJP
Kolkata: Demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh following the series of scams, the BJP on Thursday called for a united fight against Congress `misrule`.
"UPA has been rocked by a series of scams from Coalgate to 2G and now this new Railway bribery case. The Prime Minister should take the moral responsibility and resign. We have to free this country from the misrule of the Congress," BJP national general secretary Dharmendra Pradhan told reporters here.
Stressing on the need for increasing the number of allies within the NDA, Pradhan said that in West Bengal BJP would fight the next Lok Sabha elections on its own strength.
"Yes there is a need to bring in more allies under the fold. But in Bengal we will fight the Lok sabha polls on our own strength. We know we are a small party here, but still we will fight according to our strength," said Pradhan.
Pradhan also termed the Centre`s plan to grant special status to Bihar as a ploy.
"These are nothing but crocodile tears of Congress. They are not at all serious and interested in granting special status to Bihar. It is a political message that they are trying to spread," said Pradhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets