PM must resign owing moral responsibility: BJP
Kolkata: Demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh following the series of scams, the BJP on Thursday called for a united fight against Congress `misrule`.
"UPA has been rocked by a series of scams from Coalgate to 2G and now this new Railway bribery case. The Prime Minister should take the moral responsibility and resign. We have to free this country from the misrule of the Congress," BJP national general secretary Dharmendra Pradhan told reporters here.
Stressing on the need for increasing the number of allies within the NDA, Pradhan said that in West Bengal BJP would fight the next Lok Sabha elections on its own strength.
"Yes there is a need to bring in more allies under the fold. But in Bengal we will fight the Lok sabha polls on our own strength. We know we are a small party here, but still we will fight according to our strength," said Pradhan.
Pradhan also termed the Centre`s plan to grant special status to Bihar as a ploy.
"These are nothing but crocodile tears of Congress. They are not at all serious and interested in granting special status to Bihar. It is a political message that they are trying to spread," said Pradhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend