PM must resign owing moral responsibility: BJP
Kolkata: Demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh following the series of scams, the BJP on Thursday called for a united fight against Congress `misrule`.
"UPA has been rocked by a series of scams from Coalgate to 2G and now this new Railway bribery case. The Prime Minister should take the moral responsibility and resign. We have to free this country from the misrule of the Congress," BJP national general secretary Dharmendra Pradhan told reporters here.
Stressing on the need for increasing the number of allies within the NDA, Pradhan said that in West Bengal BJP would fight the next Lok Sabha elections on its own strength.
"Yes there is a need to bring in more allies under the fold. But in Bengal we will fight the Lok sabha polls on our own strength. We know we are a small party here, but still we will fight according to our strength," said Pradhan.
Pradhan also termed the Centre`s plan to grant special status to Bihar as a ploy.
"These are nothing but crocodile tears of Congress. They are not at all serious and interested in granting special status to Bihar. It is a political message that they are trying to spread," said Pradhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report