PM Narendra Modi concerned over Kosi blockage in Nepal
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Saturday expressed concern over the blockage of the Kosi river in Nepal.
"He (Modi) has directed that all possible help should be provided to the Bihar government and Nepal," said a statement from the Prime Minister`s Office.
Bihar has issued a high alert cautioning several northern districts about imminent floods due to the drastic rise in the water level of the Kosi.
The government warning came after sudden landslides blocked the course of the main river in Nepal killing eight people and trapping many more.
The alert was sounded after the massive landslide over Bhote Kosi Friday night, which is one of the major tributaries of the Kosi river in Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir