PM Narendra Modi concerned over Kosi blockage in Nepal
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Saturday expressed concern over the blockage of the Kosi river in Nepal.
"He (Modi) has directed that all possible help should be provided to the Bihar government and Nepal," said a statement from the Prime Minister`s Office.
Bihar has issued a high alert cautioning several northern districts about imminent floods due to the drastic rise in the water level of the Kosi.
The government warning came after sudden landslides blocked the course of the main river in Nepal killing eight people and trapping many more.
The alert was sounded after the massive landslide over Bhote Kosi Friday night, which is one of the major tributaries of the Kosi river in Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”