PM Narendra Modi concerned over Kosi blockage in Nepal
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Saturday expressed concern over the blockage of the Kosi river in Nepal.
"He (Modi) has directed that all possible help should be provided to the Bihar government and Nepal," said a statement from the Prime Minister`s Office.
Bihar has issued a high alert cautioning several northern districts about imminent floods due to the drastic rise in the water level of the Kosi.
The government warning came after sudden landslides blocked the course of the main river in Nepal killing eight people and trapping many more.
The alert was sounded after the massive landslide over Bhote Kosi Friday night, which is one of the major tributaries of the Kosi river in Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB