PM Narendra Modi concerned over Kosi blockage in Nepal
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Saturday expressed concern over the blockage of the Kosi river in Nepal.
"He (Modi) has directed that all possible help should be provided to the Bihar government and Nepal," said a statement from the Prime Minister`s Office.
Bihar has issued a high alert cautioning several northern districts about imminent floods due to the drastic rise in the water level of the Kosi.
The government warning came after sudden landslides blocked the course of the main river in Nepal killing eight people and trapping many more.
The alert was sounded after the massive landslide over Bhote Kosi Friday night, which is one of the major tributaries of the Kosi river in Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley