PM Narendra Modi congratulates students who cleared IIT-JEE
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday congratulated all students who cleared prestigious Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam (IIT-JEE advanced).
"Congrats to all those who successfully cleared IIT-JEE. My best wishes with the youngsters as they enter a new phase of their lives," the Prime Minister tweeted.
Results of the prestigious IIT-JEE were announced today with Rajasthan`s Chitraang Murdia topping the exam by securing 334 out of total 360 marks.
Aditi from IIT Roorkee zone is the topper amongst girl candidates securing seventh rank in the common merit list.
A total of 27,151 candidates out of the registered 1,26,997 qualified in the examination from across the country.
Only five girls made it to the top 100 qualifying students. Girls formed only 11 per cent of the total qualifying students.
Candidates who have cleared the JEE (Advanced) can now seek entry into the 16 IITs and also Indian School of Mines in Dhanbad.
There are altogether 9784 seats available in all these institutes.
IIT aspirants have to clear two-phased JEE (Mains) and JEE (Advanced) exams to gain entry into the elite institutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?