PM Narendra Modi likely to expand Cabinet next month
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to expand his Council of Ministers in the middle of next month, reports claimed on Monday.
Modi is expected to induct around a dozen new ministers when the expansion happens after the current session of Parliament comes to an end on August 14.
Sources said while expanding his Cabinet, Modi is likely to focus on two things – giving fair representation to the states and rewarding talent.
At present, there are 44 members in Modi’s Council of Ministers – 22 Cabinet and 22 MoS.
Among the new faces to be inducted into Modi`s team could be Hazaribagh MP Jayant Sinha, son of former finance minister Yashwant Sinha, and BJP general secretary JP Nadda, who was tipped to become BJP president but lost out to Amit Shah for the post.
While Modi is expected to reshuffle the portfolios of senior ministers, he will also reduce the burden of ministers looking after two or three ministries.
Some ministerial berths are expected to be allotted to BJP allies as well, like the Shiv Sena and Apna Dal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you