PM Narendra Modi not to visit Japan next month
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s expected visit to Japan next month has been deferred till after the Budget session of Parliament ends in early August.
The decision has been taken in view of the Budget Session which is very important for the Prime Minister and is expected to be a path-breaking one, putting into action many ideas which Modi has been talking about since several months.
The Cabinet meeting, chaired by Modi here this evening, decided to recommend the convening of the Budget session in the first week of July, sources said.
The Prime Minister was expected to visit Japan during early July, given the strong strategic, economic and cultural foundations of the bilateral relationship.
"However, in view of the ensuing Budget session, it seems unlikely that he will be able to visit Japan before the same," the sources said.
Reports had suggested that Modi would be visiting Japan on July 3-4.
The sources said the Prime Minister, however, remains keen to make Japan his first major bilateral visit and it is learnt that the visit to that country will take place any time after the Parliament session.
This session of Parliament is very important for the Prime Minister as this will see the presentation of the first budget of the newly-formed government.
The Budget is expected to be a path-breaking one, putting into action many ideas of the Prime Minister, which he has been talking about since several months, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog