PM Narendra Modi`s wife Jashodaben prays for his long life
Palanpur: Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s wife Jashodaben visited a temple in Vadgam taluka of Banaskantha district today and said that she had prayed for her husband`s long life as well as success.
The temple of Virbhadra Maharaj is located in Magarwada village, atleast 15 km away from here. In the month of Shravan, thousands of visitors from all over Gujarat visit this temple to get their wishes fulfilled. Jashodaben said that she had a very old bond with this temple.
"I used to visit this temple regularly when I was posted here (as a teacher) during 1980s. Later, when I was transferred to Unjha, I could not come here. Today I specially came here to pray for my husband. May god give him long life, success and ability to serve the people of India," Jashodaben told reporters after visiting the temple.
She said that she would visit the temple on every fifth day of each month according to the Gujarati calender. "Now, I have made up my mind to visit this temple for consecutively 51 times on each `Pancham`, starting from today," Jashodaben, who was also accompanied by her brother Ashok Modi, said.
Ashok Modi thanked the Gujarat state government for providing round the clock police protection to them. "I thank the government for providing security. However, it is my humble request to the government to provide some conveyance facility to my sister, who is very religious and visits such places frequently. It will be a great help for her," Ashok Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report