PM non-committal on supporting DMK RS candidate
Onboard PM`s Special Aircraft: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday said he would not like to "pre-judge" whether Congress will extend support to former UPA ally DMK`s candidate for Rajya Sabha in Tamil Nadu.
"I can`t say on behalf of the Congress High Command. These are matters which are discussed at the highest level in our party. It will not be proper for me to pre-judge what stand the Congress party will take," he told reporters on his way back from Japan and Thailand.
He was asked whether Congress would support if DMK approaches you its support from five party MLAs contingent for the Rajya Sabha seat.
DMK has 23 members in Tamil Nadu Assembly and on its own it cannot ensure the victory of its candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi