PM non-committal on supporting DMK RS candidate
Onboard PM`s Special Aircraft: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday said he would not like to "pre-judge" whether Congress will extend support to former UPA ally DMK`s candidate for Rajya Sabha in Tamil Nadu.
"I can`t say on behalf of the Congress High Command. These are matters which are discussed at the highest level in our party. It will not be proper for me to pre-judge what stand the Congress party will take," he told reporters on his way back from Japan and Thailand.
He was asked whether Congress would support if DMK approaches you its support from five party MLAs contingent for the Rajya Sabha seat.
DMK has 23 members in Tamil Nadu Assembly and on its own it cannot ensure the victory of its candidate.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today