PM non-committal on supporting DMK RS candidate
Onboard PM`s Special Aircraft: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday said he would like to "pre-judge" whether Congress will extend support to former UPA ally DMK`s candidate for Rajya Sabha in Tamil Nadu.
"I can`t say on behalf of the Congress High Command. These are matters which are discussed at the highest level in our party. It will not be proper for me to pre-judge what stand the Congress party will take," he told reporters on his way back from Japan and Thailand.
He was asked whether Congress would support if DMK approaches you its support from five party MLAs contingent for the Rajya Sabha seat.
DMK has 23 members in Tamil Nadu Assembly and on its own it cannot ensure the victory of its candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29