PM offers `chaadar` at Ajmer Sharif Dargah
Ajmer: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday
offered `chaadar` at sufi saint Moinuddin Chishti`s dargah
here on the occasion of the 799th Urs of Khwaja Garib Nawaj.
Union Minister of State at the PMO, V Narayanasamy,
offered the `chaadar` at the holy shrine on behalf of the
In a message sent on this occasion, Singh described
the event, as a "chance for spiritual renewal for all
followers of the sufi saint from across the globe."
He said that representing the commonalities of all
religions, the Urs unites people of diverse faiths and builds
bridges of friendship and understanding among them.
Singh said the great saint`s teachings of service to
the poor, compassion and love remain relevant even today.
The PM also extended his greetings to all the devotees
and wished success on the holy celebrations.
Union Minister Salman Khursheed and Namo Narain Meena,
Ajmer MP Sachin Pilot and Rajya Sabha MP Ashk Ali Tak were
also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state