PM offers `chaadar` at Ajmer Sharif Dargah
Ajmer: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday
offered `chaadar` at sufi saint Moinuddin Chishti`s dargah
here on the occasion of the 799th Urs of Khwaja Garib Nawaj.
Union Minister of State at the PMO, V Narayanasamy,
offered the `chaadar` at the holy shrine on behalf of the
In a message sent on this occasion, Singh described
the event, as a "chance for spiritual renewal for all
followers of the sufi saint from across the globe."
He said that representing the commonalities of all
religions, the Urs unites people of diverse faiths and builds
bridges of friendship and understanding among them.
Singh said the great saint`s teachings of service to
the poor, compassion and love remain relevant even today.
The PM also extended his greetings to all the devotees
and wished success on the holy celebrations.
Union Minister Salman Khursheed and Namo Narain Meena,
Ajmer MP Sachin Pilot and Rajya Sabha MP Ashk Ali Tak were
also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know