PM offers `chadar` at Ajmersharif shrine
New Delhi: A `chadar` was offered on Saturday at the revered shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti in Ajmer on behalf of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Union Ministers V Narayanasamy and Sachin Pilot offered the `chadar` and prayers on behalf of Singh at the shrine in Ajmer Sharif on the occasion of Urs which marks the Sufi saint`s death anniversary.
"Khwaja Sahib had respect for all religions, that`s why his followers, irrespective of creeds, visit his shrine. Throughout his life, Khwaja Sahib emphasized on unity, brotherhood and mutual understanding," the Prime Minister said in his message.
Singh also congratulated followers of the Sufi saint and prayed for the success of Urs celebrations in the message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?