PM offers `chadar` at Ajmersharif shrine
New Delhi: A `chadar` was offered on Saturday at the revered shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti in Ajmer on behalf of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Union Ministers V Narayanasamy and Sachin Pilot offered the `chadar` and prayers on behalf of Singh at the shrine in Ajmer Sharif on the occasion of Urs which marks the Sufi saint`s death anniversary.
"Khwaja Sahib had respect for all religions, that`s why his followers, irrespective of creeds, visit his shrine. Throughout his life, Khwaja Sahib emphasized on unity, brotherhood and mutual understanding," the Prime Minister said in his message.
Singh also congratulated followers of the Sufi saint and prayed for the success of Urs celebrations in the message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony