PM offers `chadar` at Ajmersharif shrine
New Delhi: A `chadar` was offered on Saturday at the revered shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti in Ajmer on behalf of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Union Ministers V Narayanasamy and Sachin Pilot offered the `chadar` and prayers on behalf of Singh at the shrine in Ajmer Sharif on the occasion of Urs which marks the Sufi saint`s death anniversary.
"Khwaja Sahib had respect for all religions, that`s why his followers, irrespective of creeds, visit his shrine. Throughout his life, Khwaja Sahib emphasized on unity, brotherhood and mutual understanding," the Prime Minister said in his message.
Singh also congratulated followers of the Sufi saint and prayed for the success of Urs celebrations in the message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Gold price to zoom to Rs 33,500 levels by 2016-end: Experts
- Don't panic, British economic fundamentals are strong: Business Secretary
- Monetary committee rules to be notified in few weeks: Economic Affairs Secretary
- Lucky escape for Goa mayor, six others as boat capsizes
- Land grab accused Asha Kumari appointed AICC in-charge of Punjab, triggers row