PM on coal issue: Can give satisfactory answers
New Delhi: As the Opposition paralysed Parliament over the CAG report on coal block allocations, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said the government is ready for any discussion and give satisfactory answers to all issues raised.
"We are ready for any debate," Singh told reporters after Parliament was adjourned for the day because of the uproar created by the Opposition which was demanding his resignation.
"We can give satisfactory answers to all issues being raised," the Prime Minister said.
Earlier, the Opposition stalled both Houses of Parliament, demanding the Prime Minister`s resignation over the irregularities detected by CAG in the allocation of coal blocks between 2005 and 2009 when Singh held the Coal portfolio.
The CAG report tabled in Parliament last Friday stated that there has been an estimated loss of Rs 1.86 lakh crore due to coal block allocation without auction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video