PM on coal issue: Can give satisfactory answers
New Delhi: As the Opposition paralysed Parliament over the CAG report on coal block allocations, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said the government is ready for any discussion and give satisfactory answers to all issues raised.
"We are ready for any debate," Singh told reporters after Parliament was adjourned for the day because of the uproar created by the Opposition which was demanding his resignation.
"We can give satisfactory answers to all issues being raised," the Prime Minister said.
Earlier, the Opposition stalled both Houses of Parliament, demanding the Prime Minister`s resignation over the irregularities detected by CAG in the allocation of coal blocks between 2005 and 2009 when Singh held the Coal portfolio.
The CAG report tabled in Parliament last Friday stated that there has been an estimated loss of Rs 1.86 lakh crore due to coal block allocation without auction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy