PM on coal issue: Can give satisfactory answers
New Delhi: As the Opposition paralysed Parliament over the CAG report on coal block allocations, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said the government is ready for any discussion and give satisfactory answers to all issues raised.
"We are ready for any debate," Singh told reporters after Parliament was adjourned for the day because of the uproar created by the Opposition which was demanding his resignation.
"We can give satisfactory answers to all issues being raised," the Prime Minister said.
Earlier, the Opposition stalled both Houses of Parliament, demanding the Prime Minister`s resignation over the irregularities detected by CAG in the allocation of coal blocks between 2005 and 2009 when Singh held the Coal portfolio.
The CAG report tabled in Parliament last Friday stated that there has been an estimated loss of Rs 1.86 lakh crore due to coal block allocation without auction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?