PM `personally responsible` for govt`s failures: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Monday sharpened its attack on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh with party leader Yashwant Sinha holding him "personally responsible" for "failure" of his government on all important issues, including excesses against women in Delhi.
"Why pick up one minister or one chairman of a Committee, I hold the Prime Minister personally responsible for all that is happening in Delhi in terms of excesses against women and failure on all important issues," senior party leader Yashwant Sinha told reporters here.
He was asked to comment on the alleged role of Law Minister Ashwani Kumar in the coal allocation case probe.
"Why blame the Law Minister? The Prime Minister`s Office intervened. There are e-mails between the PMO and the CBI," Sinha said.
Asked whether the BJP would come together with the Government for passage of important bills in the session, the former finance minister said, "Come together with a corrupt and disgusting government which blames Vajpayeeji and gives a clean chit to the Prime Minister."
Sinha said the country was "confronted with a totally shameless Government. It has no shame left and it has no use left for Parliamentary practices and procedures and norms."
"The way the JPC draft report was made public by none other than the JPC chairman himself in order to condemn the NDA regime and hold us guilty is a case in point that they are playing pure politics. We have given a notice of breach of privilege against the JPC chairman," he said.
Asked about Union Minister Shashi Tharoor`s tweet that Opposition was not allowing any debates to take place, Sinha said, "He is a tweeter and lost his job earlier because of his tweets. Let him tweet the way he likes to."
"The issue is that this Government is single-handedly responsible for destroying Parliamentary standards and norms in this country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM