PM `personally responsible` for govt`s failures: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Monday sharpened its attack on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh with party leader Yashwant Sinha holding him "personally responsible" for "failure" of his government on all important issues, including excesses against women in Delhi.
"Why pick up one minister or one chairman of a Committee, I hold the Prime Minister personally responsible for all that is happening in Delhi in terms of excesses against women and failure on all important issues," senior party leader Yashwant Sinha told reporters here.
He was asked to comment on the alleged role of Law Minister Ashwani Kumar in the coal allocation case probe.
"Why blame the Law Minister? The Prime Minister`s Office intervened. There are e-mails between the PMO and the CBI," Sinha said.
Asked whether the BJP would come together with the Government for passage of important bills in the session, the former finance minister said, "Come together with a corrupt and disgusting government which blames Vajpayeeji and gives a clean chit to the Prime Minister."
Sinha said the country was "confronted with a totally shameless Government. It has no shame left and it has no use left for Parliamentary practices and procedures and norms."
"The way the JPC draft report was made public by none other than the JPC chairman himself in order to condemn the NDA regime and hold us guilty is a case in point that they are playing pure politics. We have given a notice of breach of privilege against the JPC chairman," he said.
Asked about Union Minister Shashi Tharoor`s tweet that Opposition was not allowing any debates to take place, Sinha said, "He is a tweeter and lost his job earlier because of his tweets. Let him tweet the way he likes to."
"The issue is that this Government is single-handedly responsible for destroying Parliamentary standards and norms in this country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’