PM phones Azharuddin to express condolence
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday telephoned cricketer-turned-politician Mohd Azharuddin to express condolence over the death of his son Ayazuddin.
"The Prime Minister spoke to Azharuddin and condoled the death of his son," PMO sources said.
19-year-old Ayazuddin passed away yesterday at a hospital in Hyderabad, six days after being seriously injured in a road accident.
Ayazuddin, a budding cricketer, was the younger of two sons of the Congress MP from Moradabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out