`PM post: Cong to fare better if BJP choose Modi`
Chandigarh: The Congress-led UPA will fare better in the next Lok Sabha polls if Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is projected as Prime Ministerial candidate by the BJP or the NDA, Union minister Pawan Kumar Bansal said on Sunday.
"If Modi is projected as Prime Ministerial candidate, it will be better for Congress," the Parliamentary Affairs minister said on the sidelines of a function here.
"We will register an impressive win and our seats will increase," he said.
"Whether it is Modi or anyone else in the PM`s race, it does not worry Congress," Bansal said.
"Although, I cannot say we will get a majority but definitely the number of seats we now have will increase (in the next Parliamentary elections).
"We will fight the polls with our partners and like-minded parties," the minister said.
On BJP`s internal affairs, he said "whatever is happening within that party, their seats will go down."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you