`PM post: Cong to fare better if BJP choose Modi`
Chandigarh: The Congress-led UPA will fare better in the next Lok Sabha polls if Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is projected as Prime Ministerial candidate by the BJP or the NDA, Union minister Pawan Kumar Bansal said on Sunday.
"If Modi is projected as Prime Ministerial candidate, it will be better for Congress," the Parliamentary Affairs minister said on the sidelines of a function here.
"We will register an impressive win and our seats will increase," he said.
"Whether it is Modi or anyone else in the PM`s race, it does not worry Congress," Bansal said.
"Although, I cannot say we will get a majority but definitely the number of seats we now have will increase (in the next Parliamentary elections).
"We will fight the polls with our partners and like-minded parties," the minister said.
On BJP`s internal affairs, he said "whatever is happening within that party, their seats will go down."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Three-year-old boy, rescued from a borewell in Gwalior, declared dead by doctors
- Thanks to natural forces, Antarctic temperature falls! But it's temporary
- I wanted to bat in the top seven for a long time, reveals Ravichandran Ashwin
- Ugly spat: Renuka Chowdhury reacts to Harsimrat Kaur's 'Kachra' allegation, calls it 'cheap political drama'
- Three suspects arrested in Florida for trying to join terror group ISIS