PM refused to give time to discuss Gujarat`s key issues: Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
New Delhi: After attending the function to inaugurate a museum dedicated to the life of India`s first Home Minister and freedom fighter Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, Narendra Modi said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had refused to give them time to discuss pertinent issues regarding Gujarat.
Gujarat Chief Minister tweeted after the event, where the PM was present on the dais with him, "Attended the inauguration of National Memorial on Sardar Patel. The memorial will keep Sardar Patel`s life and values alive."
In another tweet Modi said, "We sought time from PM to discuss crucial issues of Gujarat including Narmada Dam height, farmer issues and floods but our request was denied." He also said, "Unfortunately, PM refused to give time to discuss Gujarat`s key issues but preferred to visit Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan and the state Congress office."
Earlier in a veiled attack on Jawaharlal Nehru, Modi said that the fate of the country would have been different had Sardar Patel become the first PM. He also said that Patel had worked tirelessly for the unity and integrity of the country and had left a rich legacy behind.
Meanwhile, the PM while appearing to be questioning Modi`s comment on Patel said that India`s first home minister was a secular and liberal leader and had respect for those having different ideology.
Manmohan Singh also underlined the fact that Patel was a Congressman, saying that he was proud to be a member of the same political party that the `Iron Man of India` was associated with.
The PM also said that though India`s first PM Jawahar Lal Nehru and Patel had differences on number of issues, the two leaders agreed on majority of issues and with each other`s views.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter